I want to export data in a numbers file...

I want to export data in a numbers file...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:19 am

I have a simple numbers sheet of data (8 columns) and I want to export it into an xml format so that I can then import the data into my image management software. How do I do this ?

Re:I want to export data in a numbers file...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:36 am

Feature unavailable.

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) mercredi 31 août 2011 23:13:48

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.0

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am

Thank you for your response. In 2009 you responded to a similar query by stating that Text Wrangler could be used. Your reply was:

You may open it with TextWrangler or equivalent.

If your document is a flat one, rename it xxx.numbers as xxx.numbers.zip then double click. You will get a package named xxx.numbers.

ctrl + click to "Show package's contents".

You will see the Index.xml file.

If you are using the package format, ctrl + click will give you access to Index.xml.gz. Double click to expand it as Index.xml.

It was not clear in this reply what exact steps needed to be followed e.g Was the renaming to be done in the Finder ?  At which stage should Textwrangler be used ?

many thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:21 am

You understand wrongly.

(1) the index.xml embedded in an iWork document is specific to iWork.

Only an iWork application may render it.

(2) the thread which you found was describing the way we may extract the index.xml from aNumbers document saved with the original structure : package

In iWork '09, the default format is flatfile so, before being able to apply what I described, You must apply an extraneous step.

rename your document

azerty.numbers as azerty.numbers.zip then double click.

You will get a new azerty.numbers document with the structure package in which you will find the file index.xml.

In this case it's not packed as .gz because the compact process was applied at the global level.

I repeat that only an iWork application will be able to render the index.xml file which isn't containing every datas required to allow other apps to render it.

TextWrangler, like other applications will just read the raw index.xml file, not render it.

2011_09_01 à 09.54.22.jpg

The document above will appear as (here is just a subset)

2011_09_01 à 09.53.50.jpg

I highlighted in blue the cells's contents.

-1798934400 is the internal storage of the well known date 1943/12/31

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 1 septembre 2011 09:48:50

iMac 21”5, i7, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gbytes, 1 Tbytes, mac OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.0

My iDisk is : <http://public.me.com/koenigyvan>

Please : Search for questions similar to your own before submitting them to the community