How do I set up WebDAV on the server?

Re:How do I set up WebDAV on the server?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad to hear it's working for you. 

The first thing to remember is that this is a .0 revision, meaning there are going to be miscues and problems. I've talked to Apple Enterprise about several other topics and they've been great, but I think they're having documentation issues as well.

I believe (my opinion only) that while 10.7 was pretty ready on the client side (there are still some issues), that Lion server was rushed a bit.  It was in the press about holding up new hardware for the Lion release.  People normally will wait to purchase if a new hardware release is imminent.   So I think the documentation is lacking to some degree because of that. 

If you don't have it, here's the link to the Advanced Server Administration for Lion:  https://help.apple.com/advancedserveradmin/mac/10.7/#

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I works for me too.  Thank you Newtron40 for taking us through this.  I really appreciate it.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:01 pm

Newtron40 - thanks for your help.  I am experiencing much the same problems described here.  I am pretty sure my problem has resulted from screwing up my short user name.  Is there any way to confirm what it is exactly?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:19 pm

CAS3 -

Your short username is automatically assigned and is the same thing as the username as opposed to the full name.   You can give your users more than one short name (I believe in server app it's called aliases).  If you open workgroup manager, find a user and click on them and look in the basic pane on the right you should see just above the passwords a box with Short Names:.  Apple is user friendly and therefore lets you do it both ways.... short names / usernames or Full Names for credentials.

In Server App,

go to your users,

select a user and then right click on the user and select Advanced Options.  You'll see a box labeled Account Name.  This is the basic short name/username of the account.  There are no spaces.  But with that you should be able to log in via your regular name (ie.  John Brown)  or the short name (johnbrown).  If you give your account another alias (ie bubba) you should also be able to log in with that. 

So try to log in with your short name associated with your account.  If it works, that's not the problem. 

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:33 pm

I see a not found page.

Not Found

The requested URL /webdav was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.19 (Unix) DAV/2 Server at www.nickirasmussen.dk Port 80