Airport configuration error 10057 and... • Mac Support Guy

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 am

Airport configuration error 10057 and...

• Advertisement

• Author

Airport configuration error 10057 and...

PostFri Sep 23, 2011 8:03 am

I was having the same persistent problem accessing my Airport Extreme router at my office using my HP Windows XP machine (one of my last non-Apple computers).  It kept returning the 10057 error when I would use the Windows-based Airport Utility.  However, I could always access via my Macs using Airport Utility.  I was reminded via another thread in these communities that sometimes you must refresh Windows' TCP/IP settings.  However, that response didn't include a link to the following Microsoft Support knowledgebase article that instructs you how to do so and also includes a downloadable application called "Microsoft Fix it 50199" that will run the scripts for you and should resolve this common error:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Another thread also suggested the work-around of using File > Configure Other, which does work when you encounter this error.  You can then manually access the desired router.  That does not resolve the issue, though.

I also thought that the error might be related to my use of Apple's Wireless Distribution System (WDS) to connect my Airport Extreme with a remote Airport Express.  However, this problem is obviously not an Apple issue but a basic Microsoft one: corrupt TCP/IP settings.  I hope that this helps and saves others some time.

Kind regards,

Jason Havens

Destin, FL, USA

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Return to AirPort Extreme