Need support for buying more RAM\/Please... • Mac Support Guy

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 pm

Need support for buying more RAM\/Please...

• Advertisement

• Author

Need support for buying more RAM\/Please...

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

Hello I'm an iMac user. I have an "early 2008" 20 inch iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (model ID: iMac 8, 1). I currently have 2GB of RAM on it and I would like to expand.

Apple's memory upgrade from their store only supported up-to 4GB (memory currently unavailalbe for my model) to expand for my model but I found another seller online who says they support up-to 6GB (according to Apple's specifications). I would like to know if I decide to purchase this 6GB kit... Will it overload my system and probably damage my computer? Someone please help me out with this. I would appreciate it a lot!

Apple's memory upgrade: http://store.apple.com/us/memorymodel/ME_IMAC_AL_20_G2

Other seller's memory upgrade: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/6400DDR2S6GP/

Advertisement

Re:Need support for buying more RAM\/Please...

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Your system will safely support 6GB, I have a late 2007 24" iMac with 6GB RAM installed, it has been working perfectly that way for well over a year. OWC is a trusted vendor, you can purchase from them with confidence.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Ah, thanks a lot then. I really need the extra 2GB I can get. My system has been running a bit slow lately with the programs I'm running.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 pm

Your welcome. If you feel your question has been answered please use the Legend to your right.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 5:06 pm

You can also go to Crucial.com and use thei free system scanner to tell you what you currently have and what options are available for you to upgrade to.

• Advertisement

Return to iMac