How do I save a file with SAVE AS... • Mac Support Guy

It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

How do I save a file with SAVE AS...

• Advertisement

• Author

How do I save a file with SAVE AS...

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 6:49 am

I have entered data on a template file and wish to SAVE AS a named file. Pages gives me only one option "Save a Version" which saves the template file overwritten. What has happened to "SAVE AS"

Advertisement

Re:How do I save a file with SAVE AS...

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 7:18 am

Select Duplicate, then for the copy select Save.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 am

APPLE...     restore SAVE AS. Why do you make more work for me. This is very very stupid.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 am

Please post your suggestion to www.apple.com/feedback.

You are addressing users on this forum not Apple.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 9:56 am

I just TRIED to post the same 'suggestion' to 'feedback'. There is no OS or Lion category to choose. Hmmmmmmm.

I can not fathom why 'save as' was removed from Apple apps. I most certainly was not for the convenience of the user. I just over-wrote a file I had changed in Pages trying to re-name the file with the changes so I'd have both versions with different names.

I'm sure Apple developers have engineered a method by which one can Save As. Will you please enlighten me?

Does Apple plan to ever return 'save as' to its operating system? In a Lion upgrade? In the next ("British Shorthair"?)

Thank you.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 10:17 am

There is a feedback page for Mac OS X. It's in the OS X Apps section.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

We have no idea what Apple plans for future updates. As RK said, we are all just fellow users here.

I'm sure Apple developers have engineered a method by which one can Save As. Will you please enlighten me?

RK gave you the procedure. Like it or not, that's the only one there is for applications that have been updated to Lion's Versions support.

Regards.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 am

Thanks Dave and RK.

I apologize for cluttering this forum. I finally did find the osX feedback icon and whined there.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 pm

I loved your whine comment. I've lost three very important documents with this convouted method that was once quite simple.

M

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 12:57 pm

It's really simple and logical once you learn it. I admit I was confounded at first too but once I learned the new method it started making sense. I hope you feel the same eventually.

PostMon Jan 02, 2012 2:06 pm

You are both right. It is totally ridiculous. There is no reason why Apple could not provide an option in preferences to keep Save as...

Try working in Pixelmator with large graphics files and you will see how ridiculous it is.

GraphicConverter from Lemkesoft has provided the option!

Save the "Save as..."

• Advertisement

Return to iMac