Please help! • Mac Support Guy

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:37 pm

Please help!

• Advertisement

• Author

Please help!

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm dumb!!! I disconnected my wireless keyboard from my iMac so I could use it on my iPad. I completely didn't account for the fact that my iMac has a password to access it and now that no keyboard is connected, how do I gain access to my iMac to connect the keyboard?! Kind of freaking out! Please help! =/

Advertisement

Re:Please help!

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 2:42 pm

How do you disconnect a wireless keyboard. Don't you just pick it up and move it. Just bring it back within range of your iMac and it should connect.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 pm

When you say disconnected, do you mean unpaired? If so, does clicking the button at the top on the right side of the keyboard not cause it re-pair? It should make the little green light flash while it searches for devices.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 pm

The OP is locked out of his Mac by the password. He can't follow the instructions until he has his keyboard 'connected'.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Well my suggestion is find a wired keyboard or borrow one maybe.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 8:21 pm

This doesn't make a lot of sense. If it's a wireless keyboard, simply moving it within range of the computer connects(pairs) it to the computer. The password can then be input.

If for some reason the keyboard is not available. It will need to be made available. If not a new wireless or wired keyboard will be needed. According to the topic, the password is not the problem, it's the delivery system to input the password.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 8:41 pm

But it doesn't always work. That's why I'm suggesting he press the button on the side to force it to pair. I don't think the OP would have taken the time to post on here if all he had to do was move the keyboard back in front of his Mac

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Yes, I agree. What you're talking about is basically a restart of the keyboard.

PostWed Jan 11, 2012 9:04 pm

That would be the word I was looking for!

• Advertisement

Return to iMac