It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Wi-fi

• Advertisement

• Author

Wi-fi

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 am

No reason to shout george..

As far as i understand, no internet/wifi connection on iPad and iMac:

Soft reset your modem and router (take charge plug out for 10 seconds).

If that doesn't help hard reset (read in the manual, press the reset button with pencil, etc) for both.

If Wifi still "gone": new Wifi router.

Advertisement

Re:Wi-fi

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 am

Hi LexSchellings

I did not mean to shout. I don't have a modem or a router. I have tried unpllugging the iMac for over 10 seconds, zapped the PRAM and held the startup button in for 12 seconds but none of them worked.

Ta

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 8:27 am

You were talking about "problems with WiFi" and "no Wifi-connection" and "WiFi, no hardware installed".

What on earth... ?

How did you connect to the internet, then??

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am

I too am having the same problem.  I stumbled upon the following solution from a blog.  It worked for me:

Just UNCHECK that "Re-open windows when logging back in" button when you log out or shut down and then restart.

http://macnerd-presents.blogspot.com/2011/08/os-x-lion-wifi-no-hardware-installe d.html

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 10:06 am

Unchecking did not work for me! Along with many other so called fixes, I am on an imac dual core intel with 10.7.3......at 10.7.2 my wifi was dropping badly then i Updated and got 10.7.3 thinking ah the fix is here ....instead it killed my airport card. I now have a grayed out airport icon that says no hardware installed ...I had a partition on my hard drive for bootcamp which I never use so I erased that and then put my system discs in and then my snow leopard disc and voila I have my airport running again ...but when I restart back in lion it is gone? So clearly there is nothing wrong with the card it is just the program Lion. I mention this because many people are being told it is their hardware (remove card and re-insert blah blah blah) but this is not the case..maybe some cases ..but not mine...Had I ripped apart the computer and spent probably an hour or so ..I would have come up with the same results. So I am going back and fourth now with "FIXES" to see if any work...I have to restart in a dif partition to get on the internet and read and then restart in lion in order to try the fix..........none have worked so far. At least in leopard I have a connection and everything runs fine.......although all of my files and programs are in lion...so I really want it to work. Hopefully soon!  Then I'll just keep leopard in case this happens again.  There was supposedly an imac wifi update...so i downloaded it put it on a usb removable then went back to lion and try and install but was told it will not work with my system? no idea now why that is happening it could have only been for quad core ..not sure. I have to go back to the page and read again.

PostTue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 am

Y_NO and RICO: please start a new thread. This leads nowhere.

• Advertisement

Return to iMac