Alert

Alert

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Yesterday my Mac started having issues with internet connection and I can't sort out what's wrong. My computer has been working fine with the current router and network for a week, and suddenly yesterday the internet just went out. I hoped that rebooting and giving it some time would resolve the issues, but that didn't work. I have restarted the router and my computer to no avail; I have gone through diagnostics, which says that the AirPort, AirPort Settings, and ISP are functioning, but there's a yellow light next to Network Settings and the Internet and Server have failed; I have tried manually entering the IPv4 under Advanced Network Settings, but then although the Network Settings has a green light, the IP address fails; I have tried Renew DHCP Lease and that didn't do anything -- is there something else I can do? My roommate's PC is working fine (that's what I'm using to connect right now), but I really need to get my computer up and running. It currently says "Alert: No Internet Connection" in the AirPort and is telling me that the Self-Assigned IP will not be able to connect to the internet (but I can't find an IP that will connect!) Does anyone know what the next step is? Thanks!

Re:Alert

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Ok, I doubt anyone has even read this post, but after about an hour and a half of fidgeting with everything I could, finally deciding to post on this forum, and giving up and turning my computer off, somehow the internet came back. I turned my Mac back on because I wanted to see if there was any chance that I could plug a cable in and use ethernet, and suddenly the AirPort was working again. So for anyone who has the same problem, apparently a bit of reconfiguring and a lot of patience are the tricks.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:04 pm

Once again, internet is not working. And now a full day has gone by without it fixing itself. If anyone does have another suggestion, please let me know!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:57 pm

I am having a similar problem. My aiport has full signal but the internet isn't actually working. Diagnostics managed to fix it for a while but again not working now. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be great!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 pm

I am also having a similar issue.  Mine went from connecting and then disconnecting itself to now the Airport is not working at all.  If anyone has ideas of us, PLEASE let us know.  Is this a common problem with older (3+ years)  MacBooks?