saving a document in pages

saving a document in pages

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:13 am

How the flip do you save a document in pages? I don't see "save" anywhere!!

Re:saving a document in pages

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:20 am

It's under the top menu bar, File --> Save. Shortcut keys are: Command S

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:21 am

I looked in the menu bar, I've right clicked, I've looked at the status bar, the bottom, the right side, the left side...I've right clicked on the pages app itself. Where the heck is it? I am new to a MAC, so it may be right in front of my face...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:47 am

I don't have anything that says "file". I downloaded this as an app from the app store. Did I get a differnt program than a store bought version?

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:21 am

Can you do screen shots on a Mac? I could show you what I am looking at.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:02 am

After hitting comman S, it pulled up my "file" toolbar in Safari that was hidden behind my app. Sorry - this is just so different from a PC.  Thanks for the help!

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:51 am

Heya, One thing you'll need to get used to on a mac, is that the TOP LEFT corner of your screen, next to the apple logo, will have one word in BOLD that will let you know what application you're currently viewing.  Simply click anywhere within a Pages document and you should be able to see 2 things.1) Pages in bold type where I mentioned.2) the Close / Minimize / Optimize buttons (the Red Yellow and Green buttons) will be there. If you are not in the supposed app, they will be greyed out (as seen in my picture below). You will then be able to go to File -> Save from the menu bar. Hope this helps!