Advice on best wireless modem\/router...

Re:Advice on best wireless modem\/router...

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:54 pm

With AE indeed I meant the airport extreme all right. The Extreme will work everywhere, but the mains plug is different in different countries.... Check that first, or the price difference will be "eaten" by a plug adapter,

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Usually the ISP provides the modem, and sometimes the router/modem combined which I really don't like, but it's a chance for them to charge a setup fee and allows know nothing customers to set up their own install easily.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Does anyone know if a LAN cable is included in the box with the Airport Extreme? I had loads as I thought I may need them one day. Then one day I decided that I would never use them and threw them out.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:46 pm

There was no LAN-cable included in the one I bought. Included in the boxAirPort Extreme Base StationPower supply with cordPrinted documentation http://www.apple.com/airportextreme/specs.html Stefan

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Thanks.  The price was a little steep so I went for a NetGear N300 in the end. It was £110 but when I got to the store they had been reduced overnight to £80. They also had an Airport Extreme for £119 but it was a discontinued model. I asked for some discount with it being discontinued and the manager was a complete arse about it so rather than spend a penny in his store I went elsewhere.