After update to Safari 5.1 No cursor in...

After update to Safari 5.1 No cursor in...

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 am

I have cursor issues While playing the Fishville game on Facebook or Yahoo. Once the game loads my cursor disappears. I thinks its a browser issue but not sure how to resolve it. I tried the game in both Firefox and Opera and the cursor works fine. I went played the game in my iMac G4 without cursor issues. The problem did not begin until the Safari update. The game require flash player; the installed preference is the same as with older Safari but it the most current offered by Adobe. Is the ADD ON incompatible with the new browser? IF so is there a way to change back to older version of Safari.

Re:After update to Safari 5.1 No cursor in...

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:35 am

We are seeing the same problem with other sites using Flash (Gliffy for example). We look forward to hearing about ways to revert Safari or how to resolve the problem

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

Adobe posted an update to Flash Player for Intel Mac 10.6 yesterday. It corrected my missing cursor in Safari 5.1http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/adobe-flash-player  (Beta version)(Title of dmg I downloaded: flashplayer11_b2_install_mac_080811.dmg)

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 pm

That fixed it for me - thanks,Debi

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 pm

I haven't tried the games, yet (as they always seem to play smoother in Camino, of all browsers), but I just upgraded to S 5.1 moments ago, and now I can't place the cursor with the mouse in Facebook comment fields!  I wonder if our troubles are related? Also worth mentioning -- I'm not getting any live spell-checking here.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:59 pm

Could be worth trying flash player update. http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/4783/a ... ash-player  (Title of dmg "I" downloaded: flashplayer11_b2_install_mac_080811.dmg) Good Luck